- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
ELECTRI International Sets 2017 Challenge for NECA Student Chapters
As of February 26, 2017
February 6, 2017
The 9th Annual ELECTRI International/NECA Student Chapter Competition is now open. ELECTRI International and the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) are pleased to announce The Green Energy Challenge (GEC) competition launch. This initiative engages university students and faculty advisors in an annual event that fosters meaningful student interaction with their community and NECA member companies.
For the technical portion of the GEC competition, each Student Team simulates all of the details of a potential project for an organization/entity within the community. GEC is not a competition in which the actual construction work is accomplished by the winning team.
The community service requirement for the competition is new for 2017. The Student Team must create a volunteer plan of interaction with the client organization and demonstrate – in the proposal – the activity and number of hours volunteered by the students towards the mission of the organization.
The registration deadline for NECA Student Chapter Teams is March 15 by 5:00 PM EDT. May 1 is the deadline for proposal submission. An ELECTRI Jury will select three finalist teams to present oral arguments for their proposed project during the NECA Annual convention in Seattle, October 7 – 10.