- Review Completed Research
- Submit a Research Idea
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Grant
You are here
Student Passport Program
As ELECTRI International continues its international outreach through its Cross-Border meetings and other initiatives, it recognizes its responsibility to give back to communities in need.
At the same time, ELECTRI sees an opportunity to involve NECA’s Student Chapters - the next generation of electrical construction professionals- in learning, first-hand, how to help improve daily conditions for communities that need electrical service improvements.
We are currently building the resources to launch the student competition as outlined below.
- To encourage construction management and electrical engineering students to take an active role in improving access to electricity in rural, developing communities outside the United States.
- To help young adults learn the importance of “paying it forward” by taking their time to volunteer for projects that will make a difference in the quality of life for other people in other countries.
Students who are active members of a university-sponsored NECA Student Chapter.
Each year, once ELECTRI has selected the site of its next Cross-Border Meeting, the Foundation will also select a local community or organization that would benefit from a Student Passport service project. NECA Student Chapters across the country will be invited to submit an application to be selected as the “Student Passport” chapter of the year. The application will focus on:
- Why our student chapter wants to be involved in this project
- What we believe we can bring to a service project
- How we will approach meeting the organization’s (or community’s) need for electrical service improvement
- What we will do to help raise the funding to travel to the location (over and above support that will be provided through ELECTRI International)
ELECTRI will name a panel of judges to select each year’s Student Passport chapter team. This panel will include contractors and industry partners who have provided financial support for ELECTRI’s international and/or student-related initiatives.
The NECA Student Chapter selected to receive the Student Passport will receive public recognition from ELECTRI. The team will also receive a substantial financial grant from ELECTRI to help cover the costs of student and faculty advisor travel to the location. The Student Passport winner will work with the ELECTRI Council and other industry partners to acquire contributed materials for the installation.