- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
As of March 25, 2017
RENEW Crew Honduras 2009 was the first iteration of the ELECTRI International Student Passport program.
RENEW Crew was launched in March 2009 by twelve students in the Penn State NECA Student Chapter. The team installed a grid-tied 2.5kW solar photovoltaic system on the Sandy Bay Alternative School on Roatán, Honduras with support granted by the Foundation.
The pilot project provides a replicable model for other student NECA Chapters across the country. The project won an award from the prestigious “Clinton Global Initiative University”.
Read more at http://www.cfs.psu.edu/programs/renew-crew.html or watch the following RENEW Crew 2011 Honduras Video.
Faculty Advisor, Dr. David Riley, and ELECTRI International President, Russ Alessi, explain the objectives of the project and the benefits for the students (2009):