- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Full Research Grants
As of February 26, 2017
Each fall, ELECTRI International publishes a Request for Proposal for research projects that will be selected for funding in January of the following year. Based upon the annual recommendations of the ELECTRI Council, ELECTRI International commissions essential industry research at the finest universities and research institutions throughout the country. At the completion of each research project, the findings are published and disseminated to the entire electrical contracting industry and our allied partners.
The ELECTRI Program Review Committee reviews the submitted proposals and selects 6-7 finalists who will be invited to present their proposals to the entire ELECTRI Council during its annual January meeting. Depending on the amount of funding available for each research cycle and the project budget of indivdual research proposals, the ELECTRI Council will select 4-5 projects for funding.
Each research project will be monitored by a Task force which will work closely with the researchers and provide valuable advice and experience. The researchers are required to provide regular written progress reports to the Task force and ELECTRI International, and are often invited to give an update report during the July Council Meeting and subsequent meetings.
Request For Proposal
The submission deadline for the 2016 RFP is Friday, November 6, 2015 at 5:00 pm EST.
Proposals are reviewed by the ELECTRI International Program Review Committee and ranked based on intellectual merit, innovation and the level of interaction the proposed activity will promote between the grantee and the electrical construction industry.
The selection of the top finalists will be announced December 7, 2015. Up to seven finalists are invited to the ELECTRI Council program meeting in January to present their proposals to the entire ELECTRI Council. At this meeting, Council members will select the top finalists who will be awarded funding.
Selection Results for 2016
In January 2016, the ELECTRI Council approved the following three research projects for funding:
- Collective Bargaining and Collective Business Development: A Strategic Initiative for the Electrical Industry, Richard Barnes, C. Richrad Barnes and Associaes, LLC
- Identifying BIM Related Costs Due to Changes, Hirsham Said and Justin Reginato, Santa Clara University
- Applications for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) in Electric Utility Construction, Lonny Simonian, California Polytechnic State University