- See the List of ELECTRI Council Members
- See the Schedule for ELECTRI Council Meetings
- Review Completed Research
- Receive Request for Research Proposals
- Apply for Research Funding
- Apply for an Early Career Award
- Make A Contribution to ELECTRI
- Learn More About the Talent Initiative
- Enter the Green Energy Challenge
- Learn About International Student Passport Program
- Go to the Next Cross Border Meeting
- Find a NECA Student Chapter
- Start a NECA Student Chapter
- Get My NECA Chapter Involved with ELECTRI
- Apply for the Wendt Scholarship for NECA Chapters
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Faculty Stipend
- Apply for a NECA Student Chapter Scholarship
You are here
Body of Knowledge
As of April 27, 2017
The mission of ELECTRI International as established by the ELECTRI Council is:
“To use its resources to commission and disseminate collaborative and innovative research, education, and technology solutions that advance the future growth and prosperity of the electrical construction industry.”
The belief behind that statement – one that has been proven throughout ELECTRI’s more than two decades of fueling research – is that by creating a body of knowledge by funding research, we can help electrical contractors stay on the cutting edge of processes and practices in our industry.
One of the most important concepts to understand about the Foundation is that not all research projects will be considered equally important by all electrical contractors, manufacturers, distributors or industry allies. For example, many contractors might value research on comparing separate and prime contracts or the economic impact of portability or project labor agreements. Others with different business models or from different geographic areas may not see the value of investing in these topics.
Therefore, a research product in itself is not always immediately valuable to the entire audience. However, each project is valuable because each adds information to the overall body of knowledge that helps to improve the industry as a whole.
As the saying goes, “A rising tide floats all the boats.”
We concentrate on solutions. ELECTRI’s goal is to commission and then disseminate collaborative and innovative research, education, and technology solutions that advance the future growth and prosperity of the electrical construction industry.
We focus our education programs on the ways that companies need to think ahead five to fifteen years. We provide electrical contractors with the opportunity and the means to understand and help shape electrical construction’s “big picture”. Using ELECTRI education products, contractors can select the best operational and management practices that will help determine their company’s future.
Each ELECTRI research project and education program becomes a piece of the information building block, creating the “body of knowledge” that helps to improve the industry as a whole.